Take the guesswork out and spool the turbo with confidence knowing there are no leaks using this boost leak tester kit.
This boost leak tester is designed to fit over the inlet flange of your turbo charger and allows you to pressurize the turbo and charge system with compressed air while the vehicle is off. On this specific turbo there is a pcv return line connected to the turbo inlet before the compressor wheel... that means it needs to be blocked off, otherwise, the boost leak test will not build pressure through the turbo and into the charge pipes.
The turbo on this motor is relatively small which translates to very fast wheel speeds and leaves little room for error especially when the motor is tuned with higher than stock boost pressures. A boost leak will dramatically increase the wheel speeds and put the turbo in a situation where its constantly being overworked at full load, causing oiling issues, bearing wear and shaft play. Once the shaft play reaches a point to where the compressor and turbine wheels are out of balance the turbo will fail catastrophically shooting pieces into the intake and exhaust.
Benefits of the Boost Gauge on the Boost Leak Tester?
Not having a gauge readout on a boost leak test is similar to filling air in your car's tire without a gauge. You just don't know how much air is in the system!
It is very wise to know how much pressure is actually going into the charge system to prevent damage to your engine and to yourself - Example if the compressor is unregulated (using high pressure shop air at 90 PSI) there is a risk that the charge pipes will be over-pressurized and something will give - the boost leak tester or any component can blow off of the engine causing damage.
The gauge on the boost leak tester allows the user to:
- apply a safe amount of pressure to prevent injury or damage to the charge pipes or engine
- read how fast the system holds and bleeds air after removing the air source
- give a good comparison of compressor outlet air Vs. boost test air while pressurizing. The smaller the difference the lesser the air loss in the system
- Billet 6061 Aluminum End Cap with 1/8" NPT threaded gauge port & fitting port
- High quality branded silicon coupler
- Custom Stainless Steel 30 PSI / 2 Bar Boost Gauge. 30 PSI range will give you the appropriate reading when testing your charge pipes for low, medium or high boost levels.
- Universal Tire Schrader Valve (can be removed and tapped for 1/4" NPT thread fitting if desired)
- (2) Stainless Steel T-Bolt Clamps with Teflon lock-nut
- Compact design to maneuver into tight spots.
Lifetime warranty on gauge, end cap and fitting!
Fits these Vehicles:
- 2004 to 2009 Audi A4 2.0T FSI (B7 Chassis) with stock turbo
- 2009 to 2016 Audi A4 2.0TFSI (B8 Chassis) with stock turbo
- Any IHI IS20 Turbo, stock K03 or K04 Upgrade
- Any bolt on stock fitment upgrade turbos
- F23 Hybrid Turbo as shown here: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-frankenturbo-parts/f23l-hybrid-turbocharger/f23l~ftu/
- APR's S3 K04 Turbo kit as shown here: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-apr-parts/s3-k04-turbocharger-kit/t2100009-b7~apr/ and https://www.goapr.com/products/turbo_long_20t_fsi_k04.html
- CTS B7 B8 Turbo Upgrade: https://www.ctsturbo.com/product/cts-turbo-audi-b7-b8-turbocharger/
- IHI IS20 - Longitudinal - Mid output engines, like 2.0T A4
- 06L 145 702
- 06L 145 702 D
- 06L 145 702 F
- 06L 145 702 M
- 06L 145 702 P
- 06L 145 702 Q
- 06L 145 702 R
- 06L 145 722 B
- 06L 145 722 C
- 06L 145 722 D
- 06L 145 722 E
- 06L 145 722 F
- 06L 145 722 G
- 06L 145 722 L
- 06L 145 722 M