Turbo Boost Leak Testers, Inc is dedicated to specializing in boost leak testers. Thats it!
Test your 2015+ WRX FA20 for leaks the correct way and keep the motor running healthy and boost with confidence!
Pressurizing the system will allow you to run peak boost your motor was tuned for and ensure you are putting all the power down without any leaks. A boost leak will cause the compressor wheels to over-spin to compensate for the lost pressure. Eventually this puts a lot of strain on the turbos and they start to develop shaft play from running hot and poor oiling. Its an inevitable test that every turbo motor owner should eventually do to keep the motor in good health and avoid costly repairs, especially if tuned, street racing or any track racing. Too many times we've seen customer cars come in thinking there aren't any boost leaks or "its been smoke tested" only to find some boost leaks. This throws off the tune, causes air fuel ratios to always be "chasing" for the loss in expected air, messes with ignition timing from increased air temps and reduces fuel economy.
This boost leak tester will pressurize the whole charge pipe path and detect any leaks from the turbo to the motor. This includes faulty diverter/bov's, clamped connections in the charge pipe, intercooler and all connections at the intake manifold. Basically everything the turbo normally pressurizes
The boost leak tester will fit over the stock inlet assembly. This is the block that bolts to the turbo compressor housing. Included in the kit are the diverter valve return plug and 2 of the air return line caps. Using these will be required to properly fill the system with compressed air. Otherwise the compressed air will travel into the crank case through the vent lines and pressurize the crank case. With that said remove the oil cap! to keep your crankcase pressure to 0 when filling the system.
Design Features & Whats Included:
- (1) 2" Billet Aluminum End Cap drilled and tapped for schrader valve and boost gauge
- (1) Custom Boost Gauge - Stainless steel shock-proof glycerin-filled. Range 30 PSI/ 2 Bar
- (1) Tire Valve stem/Schrader valve for easy testing
- (2) Stainless Steel T-Bolt Clamps
- (1) High quality silicone hose
- (1) 1" plug and vent cap kit
Lifetime warranty from defects on all the components except the t-bolt clamps.
1. Lift the vehicle and remove the under-body shield. Remove the turbo intake pipe and expose the inlet block that is bolted to the turbo compressor housing.
2. Install the boost leak tester onto the stock turbo adapter that is bolted to the compressor housing
4. **remove the oil cap to relief pressure from crank case
5. Disconnect the diverter valve return line and install 1" plug. Remove the 2 vent return lines and cap them off with provided caps.
6. Fill the system with a compressor. Start with low pressure such as 5 psi. Listen for leaks, fix leaks and repeat to catch the next leak. Largest leaks are found first.
7. Increase to 10 pounds, 15 pounds....
8. Now go drive with confidence that the turbo is making full boost safely and efficiently!
If you have ANY questions feel free to reach out - 248-403-8512 cell/text/media 24/7