Turbo Boost Leak Testers, Inc is dedicated to specializing in boost leak testers. Thats it!
Test your WRX FA20 for leaks the correct way and keep the motor running healthy and boost with confidence!
Pressurizing the system will allow you to run peak boost your motor was tuned for and ensure you are putting all the power down without any leaks. A boost leak will cause the compressor wheels to over-spin to compensate for the lost pressure. Eventually this puts a lot of strain on the turbos and they start to develop shaft play from running hot and poor oiling. Its an inevitable test that every turbo motor owner should eventually do to keep the motor in good health and avoid costly repairs, especially if tuned, street racing or any track racing. Too many times we've seen customer cars come in thinking there aren't any boost leaks or "its been smoke tested" only to find a few leaks. This throws off the tune, causes air fuel ratios to always be "chasing" for the loss in expected air.
This boost leak tester will pressurize the whole charge pipe path and detect any leaks from the turbo to the motor. This includes faulty divertor/bov's, clamped connections in the charge pipe, intercooler and all connections at the intake manifold. Basically everything the turbo normally pressurizes
Designed for the Perrin 3" intake. The boot leak tester will fit over the 3" Perrin adapter plate that bolts to the turbo compressor housing. Doing the boost leak test at this point will eliminate the need to block off the divertor valve return line, pcv return and other miscellaneous lines connected to the intake pipe before the turbo.
This boost leak tester will fit with the Perrin intake with the link below. Or with any other intake pipe you are running that is 3" in diameter.
- Perrin 3" Turbo Intake: https://www.subispeed.com/perrin-3-0-turbo-inlet-hose-with-nozzle-2015-2018-wrx#.Xpj1-fhKgVA
*If you are only running the Perrin Cold Air Intake Pipe and not the turbo inlet pipe click here for the correct boost leak tester>> LINK
Design Features & Whats Included:
- (1) 2.25" End Cap drilled and tapped for schrader valve and boost gauge
- (1) Custom Boost Gauge - Stainless steel shock-proof glycerin-filled. Range 30 PSI/ 2 Bar
- (1) Tire Valve stem/Schrader valve for easy testing
- (2) Stainless Steel T-Bolt Clamps with teflon lock-nut
Lifetime warranty from defects on all the components except the t-bolt clamps.
1. Lift the vehicle and remove the underbody shield. Remove the turbo intake pipe
2. Install the boost leak tester onto the Perrin 3" turbo adapter that is bolted to the compressor housing
4. **remove the oil cap to relief pressure from crank case
5. Fill the system with a compressor. Start with low pressure such as 5psi. Listen for leaks, fix leaks and repeat to catch the next leak. Largest leaks are found first.
6. Increase to 10 pounds, 15 pounds....
7. Now go drive with confidence that the turbo is making full boost safely and efficiently!
If you have ANY questions feel free to reach out - 248-403-8512 cell/text/media 24/7