PULL HARDER , IMPROVE MPG & KEEP YOUR MOTOR HEALTHY --BY ELIMINATING BOOST LEAKS!
Test your Duramax 6.6L for leaks the correct way and keep the motor running healthy and tow with confidence! Many Duramax owners don't even know they have a boost leak until it is diagnosed and fixed then feel the real torque their Duramax was supposed to be putting out! This easy boost leak test will take 10 minutes and will detect any leaks in any of the charge pipes, cac intercooler, cold side pipes, y-bridge and intake manifold. All common and potential leak points.
A boost leak will cause the turbo wheels to over-spin to try and make up for the lost pressure. This puts a lot of strain on the turbo and it will start to develop shaft play from running too fast too hot and poor oiling. Boost leaks can start out small and eventually turn into a blow-out or worse if left alone can eventually cause the turbo to fail.
For tuned motors running higher boost the leaks present a much more severe over-spinning to compensate for the leak AND the higher boost from the tune. This accelerates the turbo failure scenario.
It is common that aftermarket parts are installed and not pressure tested, even by some experienced installers - robbing the additional power they were supposed to make.
Avoid costly repairs, especially if tuned, towing or want the peace of mind going full throttle on the pedal every time you hear that turbo spoolin' up!
The main signs you have a leak are:
- Lower fuel economy!
- Loss of power, torque, poor towing
- Whistling noises, as awesome as they sound!
- Fluctuations on boost gauge
This boost leak tester will pressurize the whole charge pipe path and detect any leaks including:
- all intercooler and charge pipes
- CAC / intercooler
- every single clamped connection
- o-ring connections
- EGR leaks
- intake manifold
...basically everything the turbo normally pressurizes while under boost.
Compatible with the following applications:
- 2017+ LP5 Chevy Silverado, GMC 2500HD 3500HD
How to use this tester:
- Install the tester at the turbo compressor inlet pipe. Clamp it down, and use your shop air compressor to test up to 30 PSI and detect any leaks in the WHOLE charge pipe path that the turbo NORMALLY pressurizes while boosting- including the hot & cold pipes, intercooler CAC, Y bridge, EGR, and all clamped connections with no need to cap off the other end.
Design Features & What's Included:
- (1) Green Anodized Billet Aluminum End Cap - Has an anti slip bead and slots to provide massive grip when hitting 30+ PSI test pressure
- (1) High quality silicone hose
- (1) Custom Boost Gauge - Stainless steel shock-proof glycerin-filled. Range 30 PSI/ 2 Bar
- (1) Compressor Fitting M-Type
- (1) Stainless Steel T-Bolt Clamps
- (1) 5 ft. extension Continental hose with stainless on/off valve for easy control - All 1/4" NPT Fittings M-Type
Lifetime warranty from defects on all the components except the t-bolt clamps.
Ships Same day ordered - see details