Get your boost back!
This boost leak tester is designed to fit over the inlet flange of your turbo charger and allows you to pressurize the turbo and charge system with compressed air while the vehicle is off.
Included is a vinyl cap to cap off the pcv return line at tuubos inlet - you dont want compressed air going through
2010+ Chevy Cruze with 1.4L Ecotec
2011-2016 Limited 1.4L Cruze
2011-2018 Chevy Sonic/Aveo
2015+ Chevy Trax
2015+ Buick Encore
2011+ Opel/Vauxhall Corsa (Turbo only)
2009+ Opel/Vauxhall Astra J (Turbo only)
2010+ Opel/Vauxhall Meriva B
2011+ Opel/Vauxhall Zafira Tourer
This is an important tool that every turbo car owner needs in their arsenal of tools. It is going to keep the turbo healthy by eliminating leaks in the boost path and not allowing it to over speed compensating for a boost leak. It is a must if you are tuned and or going to get a custom tune, or any time you are replacing any components in the intake tract such as charge hoses, intercooler, manifold, vacuum lines, injectors…etc. Also a must if you are going to the track and want the peace of mind that everything is tight and capable of handling sustained boost without blowing any hoses off
Why have the Gauge?
Not having a gauge readout on a boost leak test is similar to filling air in your car's tire without a gauge. You just don't know how much air is in the system!
It is very wise to know how much pressure is actually going into the charge system to prevent damage to your engine and to yourself - Example if the compressor is unregulated (using high pressure shop air at 90 PSI) there is a risk that the charge pipes will be over-pressurized and something will give - the boost leak tester could blow off or any component of the engine could.
The gauge on the boost leak tester allows the user to:
- apply a safe amount of pressure to prevent injury or damage to the charge pipes or engine
- read how fast the system holds and bleeds air after removing the air source
- give a good comparison of compressor outlet air Vs. boost test air while pressurizing. The smaller the difference the lesser the air loss in the system
- Durable Plastic End Cap with 1/8" NPT threaded gauge port & fitting port
- High quality silicon coupler
- 30 PSI / 2 Bar Boost Gauge
- 30 PSI range will give you the appropriate reading when testing your charge pipes for low, medium or high boost levels.
- Universal Tire Schrader Valve or 1/4" NPT Milton Type Compressor fitting - choose option
- (2) Stainless Steel T-Bolt Clamps with Teflon lock-nut
Lifetime warranty on gauge, end cap and fitting